Entertainment unions call on Romania Authorities to enter into a real social dialogue
Following the increasing difficulties cultural and mass-media workers are facing in Romania, the trade union, FAIR-MediaSind asked for the community of European entertainment unions to support the workers and the union in Romania in their campaign for a real social dialogue between the Romanina authorties and the union.
Unions from across Europe, meeting in Brussels on 14 October, expressed their solidarity with their Romanina colleagues and adopted a resolution in support of their demand.
The Media, Entertainment & Arts Sector of UNI Europa, EURO-MEI joins FAIR-MediaSind in calling the Romanian authorities
- compliance with EU directives and ILO conventions on trade union rights, collective bargaining and freedom of expression;
- de-politicization of public service broadcasting, the withdrawal from Parliament of the Draft Law amending the Law regarding the functioning of AGERPRES, initiated by the Minister of Culture, Lucian Romaşcanu;
- unblocking negotiations on collective agreement on the Sector Culture and Mass-Media;
- elimination of discrimination in the Law nr 153/2017 concerning the wages of public employees regarding musicians and ballet dancers;
- renouncement by the Culture Ministry of its intention to divide the culture and mass-media sector.
EURO-MEI believes that the obligations assumed by Romania as a Member State of the European Union must be applied and respected for all citizens, including cultural workers and mass-media and calls the authorities of the Romanian state to dialogue with FAIR-MediaSind representatives, in order to settle existing conflicts and to solve the problems reported.
Download the statement here