UNI Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) represents over 3 million workers around the world.
UNI ICTS affiliates work together to build union power to win union rights, organise and improve working conditions at telecom and ICT multinationals across the world.
UNI ICTS has a Strategic Plan which was adopted in Mexico City in October 2011. Our Strategic Priorities for the sector follows the UNI Global Union Breaking Through strategy and includes:
Global and Strategic Companies.
- Work to build strong global and regional alliances at key telecom and ICT companies.
- Undertake action-oriented research and gather up-to-date information on target companies.
- Negotiate new global agreements to ensure freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining for all workers at the key multinationals in the sector.
- Enforce and implement our existing global agreements.
- Support the work of European Works Councils in our key companies.
Organising and Capacity Development
- Support organising and facilitate union growth at target companies.
- Launch new organising campaigns at targeted companies in cooperation with UNI regions and with the support of UNI SCORE
- Support capacity building for our affiliates in order to improve their organisational ability and sustainability.
- Develop strategies to organise members in new and emerging areas particularly in ICT.
- Promote organising at all our events and provide regular reports to UNI global and regional committees.
- Work to increase the participation of women and youth in the sector
UNI ICTS has been actively involved with organizing and working with unions in the contact centre industry.
- In 2014 we held (in conjunction with UNI Finance, UNI TAW and our U.S. affiliate CWA) a global trade union call centre conference in Orlando, Florida. Since this Conference our work in contact centres has intensified.
- We have been involved in organising contact centres workers in many countries, including Morocco, Brazil and the Dominican Republic.
- We have sponsored organizing forums, assisted the establishment of an EWC in Teleperformance, met with contact centre workers organizations in the Philippines, held a Teleperformance Global Union Alliance meeting, produced a ground breaking contact centre video and continued to successfully run our contact centre Week of Action.
Jobs with Justice
- Solidarity with all affiliates if requested
- Improve industrial relations and work with affiliates to on issues such as health and safety, diversity, skills development, training and union rights
Political and Regulatory Influence
- Build strategic alliances with other social justice organisations
- Promote the ICTS in the Long Run campaign to increase universal access to broadband and high speed internet.
Currently we have signed Global Agreements with:
- France Telecom (Orange)
- Portugal Telecom
- Indonesia Telekom
You can access our Global Agreements here
UNI ICTS President and Vice Presidents
Elected at the UNI ICTS World Conference – Stockholm, Sweden, 16-17 June 2015
World Vice President UNI Africa
World Vice President UNI Americas
World Vice President UNI Apro
World Vice President UNI Europa
UNI ICTS Staff at UNI Global Union
Alke Boessiger, Head of UNI ICTS
Alex Hogback, UNI ICTS Policy Coordinator
Barbara Uliel, UNI ICTS Department Assistant
UNI ICTS in the Regions
Birte Dedden, UNI Europa ICTS Policy Officer
André Rodriques, Regional Director
UNI Americas ICTS
Kun Wardana, UNI Apro ICTS
Aminata Keita, Regional Coordinator