National Liaison council is an important concept which promote the empowerment of our affiliates. Among others the functions of the council include the coordination of trade union development projects and UNI Apro activities in the country. Liaison council will also facilitate contacts among the affiliates and are responsible for the collation and dissemination of information on the organisations and on current issues affecting them. In addition, liaison councils also provide our affiliates with the structure and machinery for joint decision making and sharing of resources for the use of information technology and for the development of joint strategies for achieving common goals of affiliates.
UNI liaison councils have been established in Bangladesh, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. The liaison councils have provided them with the opportunity to strengthen themselves and to improve their IT skills and network capability . The conducive environment created by the presence of liaison councils have enhanced and improved the capacity and the capability of our affiliates to be global players.
- To promote the understanding and awareness of UNI among affiliates' members by publishing UNI and UNI Apro activities and policies.
- To organise joint activities, particularly in the areas of education, organising to strengthen the member unions and the trade union movements as a whole.
- To develop and implement research activities on issues of concern to affiliates to assist in the formulation of policies and strategies.
- To organise meetings/forum/conferences/seminars to exchange experiences and information and to develop joint response to common challenges that affect the affiliates.
- To co-ordinate the affiliates participation in UNI and UNI Apro Conferences, meetings and activities.
- To liase and promote contacts and relations with UNI affiliates as part of the process to develop and strengthen the spirit of solidarity among the UNI affiliates in their country with other UNI affiliates.
Leaflet about the National Liaison Council
Mr. Mohammed Monzurul Haque
General Secretary, UNI-BLC
c/o Bank Karmachari Federation
Yousuf Mansion (2nd Floor)
48/1 Motijheel Commercial Area
Dhaka – 1000
Ms. Cheung Lai-ha
7/F, Wing Wong Commercial Building
557-559 Nathan Road
Mr. Thomas John K.
General Secretary, UNI-ILC
c/o NUBSNLW - FNTO
308, Jivabhai Towers
Sandesh Press Road
Ahmedabad – 380 054
Mr. Yasunobu Aihara
Chairperson, UNI LCJapan
c/o Zendentsu Kaikan
Mr. Lee Hang-Gu
c/o Korea Postal Workers Union
5th floor, Korea Post Kwanghamoon Building
Mr. Mohamed Shafie BP Mammal
No. 27, Jalan Limau Manis
59000 Kuala Lumpur
Mr. Lekha Prasad Burlakoti
UNI NLC Office
House No. 246/33, Swetbinayak Marg,
Kathmandu-11, P.O. Box 9998
Mr. Exequiel Nidea
President, UNI PLC
PNB compound, Araneta Center
Cubao, Quezon City
Mr. John De Payva
c/o Singapore Insurance Employees’ Union
190 Middle Road
#10-07 Fortune Centre
Mr. Gayan Munaweera
c/o National Post and Telecommunication Workers Union
Lotus Road, Colombo 0001, Sri Lanka
Ms. Nilaimol Montreekanon
c/o State Enterprise Workers’ Union of the CAT Telecom Public Co Ltd
72 CAT Telecom Tower, 1st Floor
Bangrak Bangkok, Thailand 10500