A voice for service workers in the Americas
Through regional forums and dynamic campaigns, UNI Americas is making the voice of our affiliates heard on a national, regional and global level. We:
- Establish and grow unions in countries and sectors where collective bargaining coverage was weak;
- Foster regional solidarity and action at multinational corporations;
- Innovate new organizing strategies—especially during the pandemic;
- Lead actions against human rights violations in our region;
- Build political power with affiliates across the Americas.
UNI Americas is a vital platform for unions to fighting for the dignity of workers. We are deeply committed to reducing the high levels of social inequality in our region, as well as closing gender and racial wage gaps that depress economic opportunity.
The UNI Americas secretariat is based in Montevideo, with offices throughout the region. The office is led by Regional Secretary Marcio Monzane who was elected at its 5th Regional Conference in 2020.