A voice for service workers in Asia & Pacific
Together with our 200 trade union affiliates across the region, UNI Asia & Pacific advances the interests of workers by supporting organizing campaigns, promoting social dialogue and developing constructive labour-management relationships. We also work within regional and sub-regional bodies like ASEAN and SAARC to ensure that their policies and programmes put people first.
UNI Asia & Pacific has set out an ambitious way to forward strengthen democracy, reduce inequality and promote sustainability that includes:
- Organizing for union growth.
- Making a new, union-centred, world of work.
- Securing standards in the informal economy and adapting unions to new forms of work.
- Focusing on gender equality, women’s empowerment and ending gender-based violence.
- Building social partnerships with effective social dialogue to improve jobs.
The UNI Asia & Pacific secretariat is based in Singapore. The office is led by Regional Secretary Rajendra Acharya who was elected at its 5th Regional Congress held in Kathmandu, Nepal, in 2019.