UNI Europa – media, entertainment and arts (EURO-MEI) is recruiting an expert to carry out a technical review and testing exercise for EURO-MEI and its project partners within the framework of its current project entitled “Developing an Online Interactive Risk Assessment Tool (OiRA) for film and TV production in Europe”.
The expert will be contracted on a freelance basis for 22 days of work between May and December 2020. The value of the contract is up to EUR 12.000 €,- all taxes and duties included. Application letters with a detailed CV should be submitted by 15th April 2020 by email to email@example.com
Interviews with short listed candidates will be carried out early in April/May 2020. The successful candidate should be available for an immediate start and will participate in the next meeting of the steering committee (July 2020) and other meetings taking place in Brussels.
The Project Expert’s main tasks will include
– undertaking a full review of the drafted European OiRA tool for film and TV production, in cooperation with the project coordinator, including testing it for completeness and accuracy and then further tailoring it to respond to the needs of different potential users;
– organizing and overseeing a small-scale testing of the tool by a European focus group and integrating any modifications arising from it into the tool, in cooperation with the project coordinator;
– participating in one to one conference call with the project coordinator to discuss and finalize specific modules of the tool;
– finalizing the resulting revised OIRA tool and participating in a one-day launch event foreseen in January 2021.
All tasks will be carried out with the support of the project steering committee.
Required experience includes:
– Detailed technical knowledge and experience of the policy and practice of risk assessment in the audiovisual sector;
– Experience of the use of risk assessment tools;
– Strong knowledge of the audiovisual sector.
The successful applicant is likely to have:
– Experience of European project work and/or working in a European or international context;
– Good knowledge of the audiovisual production sector;
– Proven drafting ability in English;
– Education to university degree level;
– Experience of work with social partner organisations (trade unions and employers) at national or international level in the audiovisual or other sectors.
The successful applicant must be ready and able to:
– Carry out the required research and review work on their own initiative according to the methodology and timetable agreed;
– Carry out his/her own administrative work;
– Work on his/her own and with the project coordinator and members of the project steering committee as required.
Location: in principle the expert will work from his/her home office. He/ She should be established in one of the EU countries.
There will also be some trips (at least 3) to Brussels for project meetings and events. All expenses related to such travel will be drawn from the project budget and has no impact on the expert fee mentioned above.